tech writers and knowledge bases

Subject: tech writers and knowledge bases
From: "Arnold, Cara" <carnold -at- akamai -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:53:49 -0500

Hi,

I searched the archives and came up empty. I was wondering if anyone has any
experience working with knowledge base development. Could you discuss your
experience, whether you thought it was a good career move, your job
responsibilities, what you looked for in hiring other writers to work on the
system, any resources you used, etc.?

I recently took up such a position at a great company, but don't have a lot
of direction specific to technical writing (I'm the sole writer on the
project team). Most of my contacts/former colleagues work in software
documentation, so some of my usual channels for support/suggestions don't
apply here. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Cara Arnold