RE: Question on Professional development policy?

Subject: RE: Question on Professional development policy?
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:08:03 -0600

I don't know about a written policy, but most companies I've worked for have
paid for one professional membership and have allocated a per capita budget
for training. It is up to the individual to choose which professional
organization
to join, if any, and choosing how to spend the training budget is usually a
joint
decision with the manager. Some managers leave it up to the employee to
request permission to attend seminars and conferences, while others actively
suggest training. Not everyone usually takes training every year, but it is
up to them. What makes it fair is the equal budget for each employee.

Kay Robart