Re: Clarification (was Real Offense)

Subject: Re: Clarification (was Real Offense)
From: "Michelle Wolfe" <WOLFEM -at- bcbsil -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:42:04 -0600

David Downing wrote:

<<The end user doesn't need or want to know about such things as file <<structures, parameters types, function calls, etc., etc. The end user <<wants to know "How do I use this program to do my resume/term <<paper, etc."

That all depends on who your end user is! Not all of us write documentation for word processing programs ;-) Some of us write technical documentation for how to use new programming languages, databases, or network software that require the user to understand file structures, parameter types, function calls, etc.

IMHO I guess what it boils down to is that some of us are better prepared to write to the highly technical audiences than others. It is what makes us stand out in the technical writing field and keeps our customers coming back to us.

Michelle Wolfe
Training Consultant