terms: window/dialog

Subject: terms: window/dialog
From: Barclay Blanchard <BarclayB -at- txlink -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:45:10 -0800

I've been happily writing along for a few years using
"window" as a description of everything in the
Windows interface with a title bar, fields, and buttons,
and today a programmer was telling me that when
you can't resize the "window," it's a dialog.

Have I been ignoring a standard naming convention?

What do you call these objects: windows or dialogs?

How much does it matter? (Have I erred egregiously?)

Previous by Author: RE: Word picture question
Next by Author: RE: Sites like Guru.com
Previous by Thread: SUMMARY: Writing Error Messages (Long)
Next by Thread: Re: terms: window/dialog

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads