Re: Am I employable?

Subject: Re: Am I employable?
From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:38 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> - I have a BA in Technical Writing
> - I have decent computer skills: I maintain a website that I
> hand-coded, I've written a few scripts, I use Linux.
> - I'm a pretty good writer in general (though rusty at the moment)

[...snip...]

> - My resume is terrible. It's old, has nothing but coursework and
> unrelated experience on it.
> - I don't really know the tools. FrameMaker? Ack. Word? Haven't
> messed with a Microsoft product in a while...
> - The skills I have, I can't easily define.

Perhaps you should apply the skills you have listed in the first block to
the requirements in the second block.

Learn the tools, write up your skills, and then you're in business. Don't
do that, and what use are you to an employer?

--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk
iainh -at- cix -dot- co -dot- uk