Re: Practical Usability Testing

Subject: Re: Practical Usability Testing
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:27:02 -0800 (PST)

"Amy Janczy" <Amy_Janczy -at- uclid -dot- com> wrote in message...

> I've been asked to perform usability testing for the documentation for our
> main product,
>
> I'm at at loss for how to start....Can anyone provide me with any practical
> tips for how to do a "quick and dirty" usability test that can help point
> out key problems with the documentation?

Have you considered just sitting down and actually using the product? I mean, I
realize you may not be a CAD monkey, but shouldn't you try to become one, at
least to understand the tool you document.

No book or theory or mindless tips from me will replace hands-on experience. If
you want to do some REAL usability testing - USE THE PRODUCT!

Andrew Plato

http://im.yahoo.com