RE: Good Manuals - Why Rare.

Subject: RE: Good Manuals - Why Rare.
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:23:56 -0500

At 02:57 PM 03/20/2000 -0500, Murrell, Thomas wrote:
>I'm reading that a lot of readers/users/customers ...
>are beginning to make selections of products based
>on how easy those products will be to install and use...

Unfortunately, a lot of people who refuse to even look at manuals (some
proudly mention that fact!) clogged help lines, to the extent that most
vendors now charge for their assistance -- which often consists of spending
an eternity on hold, until some moron finally returns to READ directly from
the manual, at a cost of X dollars per minute.

Under the circumstances, many people now try to buy products that will NOT
require dying of old age on hold just to get 'em installed.
"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)