F1 for help

Subject: F1 for help
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:58:02 -0800 (PST)

Sometime ago, I asked about using the questionmark
icon for something other than help, and got good

When implementing F1 for help, is it always
context-sensitive or can it call up the Find tab for
the help file?

I checked this out with Word 97 and Excel 97 - I got
that smarmy little paperclip and a list of topics that
(sometimes only marginally) related to the dialog box
that was open, and the option to enter another
question. I'd really hate to call up that paperclip
character (whom I hate with a passion), but I'm not
sure what the standard currently is.

Thanks,

Becca

=====