Standard Format for Engineering Reports

Subject: Standard Format for Engineering Reports
From: Martha Handford <Martha -dot- Handford -at- kenonic -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:32:47 -0700

I am a technical writer at an engineering firm in Canada and I have been
asked (by a US client) to structure a study in "a conceptual engineering
format with problem statements and resolutions". While I understand what I
need to do, I want to know if there is a standardized format that engineers
in the USA use that I should follow? If so, could you provide me with an
example or a website where I could download/print the standard?
Thanks,
Martha