RE: Batch resizing GIF screen shots

Subject: RE: Batch resizing GIF screen shots
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com>
To: "TechWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:40:53 -0500

Fireworks 3 can do this. From their online help:

"Batch processing is a convenient way to automatically
convert a group of graphic files. When batch processing,
choose from these options:

Convert a selection of files to another format.
Convert a selection of files to the same format
with different optimization settings.
Scale exported files.
Find and replace text, colors, URLs, or fonts."

Note that I haven't used this part of FW (no need).
I've been a FW user for only a few months (a Corel user
for 9 years), and I can't say I love everything about it,
but it definitely does a fantastic job with web graphics
(including GIFs).

Fireworks is from Macromedia (makers of the excellent
Dreamweaver). I *think* you can download a trial version
of FW, fully featured, so you could try out the batch
processing. (Maybe even finish the job! :-)

HTH
Jessica

Jessica N. Lange mailto:jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.