Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees... is it the USA?

Subject: Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees... is it the USA?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:15:26 -0600

> When was a technical communications degree just a matter of doing graphics
> and learning layout?

I'll admit I've been avoiding this thread like the plague, but knowing the
usual suspects, I'd be willing to bet the ones claiming a tech comm degree is
all "graphics and layout" are the ones who don't *have* a tech comm degree. And
their comments should be taken with the same huge grain of salt that you should
use if I ever tried to spout opinions on what's included in an engineering
degree.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc