mainframe books

Subject: mainframe books
From: BrufusD -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:07:58 EST

I've just started work at an excellent company that produces system
optimization software for mainframe systems that run on OS390. In my tours of
Amazon.com, I've noticed that there seem to be no good coffee table books on
mainframe systems, just very specific, very expensive books for programmers
-- while there are hundreds of general interest books on PCs.
Anybody out there with mainframe experience who can suggest a good
overview book?

Walter Crockett