Re: ANN: Sorting frameMaker Glossaries with Enhance

Subject: Re: ANN: Sorting frameMaker Glossaries with Enhance
From: walden miller <waldenm -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Hedley Finger <hedley -dot- finger -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:29:13 -0700

Hedley Finger wrote:

> >From time to time a plaintive cry for methods of sorting FrameMaker
> glossaries appears on this list.
> Until [da da] Enhance outliner from Sandybrook Software came to
> the rescue ...

You don't need Enhance to fix a broken glossary.

With FrameMaker, you can convert the entire glossary to a table (terms in one
column and defs in the other).
Then sort on column one.
All other fixes are just searching for specifics (cross references, the words "see
also", etc.)

I haven't used Enhance, so I have no reason to doubt that it is a wonderful tool.
On the other hand, I find that many writers do not stretch Frame to its fullest
potential.
Why buy two tools, when one suffices.

walden miller
Technical Documentation Manager