RE: Need another word for "enterable"

Subject: RE: Need another word for "enterable"
From: Robert Heath <rheath -at- eGain -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:56:54 -0800

I have to agree with Sean. A few months ago, I was documenting an app in
which the user can pull messages from a ticket box and place them in another
ticket box. To see which boxes you have access to, you click a button and a
pop-up window appears with a list box full of them. The engineers called the
pop-up "Pullable Ticket Boxes." "Pullable?" I registered the word as a UI
bug. Never heard a word. Mentionned it to the product manager. Nothing was
changed. My solution for the documentation at least was a sentence like
Sean's: "A window appears that lists the ticket boxes from which you can
pull tickets."


"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."
--Groucho Marx

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brierley, Sean [mailto:Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2000 12:58 PM
> Subject: RE: Need another word for "enterable"
> How about "active" fields?
> Otherwise, how about using more than one word, instead of
> making up a word?
> "You must include a white background for those fields into
> which you can
> enter information."
> Good luck.
> Sean
> sean -at- quodata -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re:"Granularity"?
Next by Author: Silently screaming
Previous by Thread: Re: Need another word for "enterable"
Next by Thread: RE: Need another word for "enterable"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads