Re: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: Re: Average Length of TW Resume
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: pbw3172 -at- yahoo -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:00:58 -0800 (PST)

Nope...Mine's longer than three pages and neither
agencies or interviewers have ever complained.

You use what YOU think is appropriate. Most people
will spew back information on resumes and not know
what they're talking about. It's your resume and your
career.

> have years of experience
> in the technical writing field. Because of my
> contracting history, I have
> a long resume. It is almost a full three pages. I
> do not want to remove
> anything on it because I feel that it contains
> pertinent information
> regarding application/software, documentation, and
> creative knowledge.
>
> Is a three page resume too long under today's
> standards for a technical
> writer with about five years of experience?

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com