Re: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: Re: Average Length of TW Resume
From: "Sarah O'Keefe" <okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com>
To: pbw3172 -at- yahoo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:48:47 -0500

>Is a three page resume too long under today's standards for a technical
>writer with about five years of experience?

Speaking as an employer, yes.

I'm sure that you have lots of interesting and relevant experience, but if
you make me wade through more than two pages of content to find it, I will
assume that you're not capable of prioritizing and pruning information. You
can always provide additional information during an interview or have a
more detailed version of your resume available, but for an initial contact,
two pages should be enough.

Sarah

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com 919-481-2701 x13
FrameMaker for Dummies: http://www.scriptorium.com/books.html
Advanced WWP training: http://www.scriptorium.com/advwwp.html