Re: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: Re: Average Length of TW Resume
From: "Sarah O'Keefe" <okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:26:58 -0500

>Nope...Mine's longer than three pages and neither
>agencies or interviewers have ever complained.
>
>You use what YOU think is appropriate. Most people
>will spew back information on resumes and not know
>what they're talking about. It's your resume and your
>career.

Gee thanks, John. Let me repeat what I said a little differently:

* I don't like long resumes.
* I am a hiring manager.

Draw your own conclusions.

If your resume's artistic integrity as a three-page (or longer document) is
important to you, that's fine. But for many managers, who have to scan lots
and lots of resumes, a long resume will not score any bonus points because
you made their job more difficult.

You should tailor your resume to the requirements of the hiring manager
(assuming that you want the interview and/or job).

Sarah

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com 919-481-2701 x13
FrameMaker for Dummies: http://www.scriptorium.com/books.html
Advanced WWP training: http://www.scriptorium.com/advwwp.html