Re: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: Re: Average Length of TW Resume
From: "Dave Whelan" <dave -dot- whelan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:28:09 -0600

> Is a three page resume too long under today's standards for a technical
> writer with about five years of experience?

My resume has 4 pages and it has 1 page, depending if you are interested in
me or not. All of my last 8 years as a contracting TW are on the first page:
if recruiters don't see what they want there they won't look any further.
The other three pages cover my experience before becoming a professional
writer because recruiters who are interested in me consider it important
background for the types of jobs I want.

Regards,
Dave.

-----
David P. Whelan