Re: HTML ToC and Index

Subject: Re: HTML ToC and Index
From: "Dave Whelan" <dave -dot- whelan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:32:24 -0600

> The thread on indices/indexes made me wonder how important an Index and a
> Table of Contents (ToC) are for HTML help?

Both are ways users may choose to access the information you are providing
so why choose to deny even one of your users either option? I would turn the
question around and ask whether there is a good enough reason to leave them
out.

> Is there a more efficient way to create HTML help from source Word files?
> What alternatives are there and at what cost ?
> How can I create a "real" HTML ToC and Index?

I would import the Word files into AuthorIT and then use the topic objects
as a single source to create the information products in the media required.

Regards,
Dave.

-----
David P. Whelan