Re: mainframe books

Subject: Re: mainframe books
From: "Terry Barron" <tbarron -at- systems -dot- dhl -dot- com>
To: Jill Shindelman <jill_shindelman -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:50:19 -0800

Jill Shindelman wrote:

> (snipped for brevity)
> Go to www.s90.ibm.com/library for starters. One
> option on that page is "Position Papers," which takes
> you to a long list of documents that are at least
> written for business people rather than being purely
> technical references. If you scroll down that list
> you will see a heading named HARDWARE. The third item
> under HARDWARE is a document titled "Enterprise Server
> Essentials: A non-technical guide for executives
> whose business goals cannot be compromised by
> IT-imposed limitations."
>
> This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but
> it will give you a flavor of the kinds of things
> mainframe users are concerned about.
>
> Jill Shindelman

I've tried the referenced URL a couple of times today without
success ("proxy failed to contact server at this time. This may
be because the server is non-existent or unavailable at this
time." )

I tried searching the IBS support website for Position Papers,
and the title of the document, but I did not connect.

Can you suggest another path?

~~~~Thanks
--
Terry Barron