RE: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: RE: Average Length of TW Resume
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:11:53 -0500

At 03:40 PM 3/30/00 +1000, Michael West wrote:

<SNIP>

I admit that the rules for contractors might require a lot more detail. But
even with 20+ years in the game, three pages is enough for me to hit the
highlights, especially with a targeted cover letter. (Remember too that we
can show a portfolio of samples to demonstrate our skills and versatility.)

Ah, but some of us can't do that.

The material I write for almost all of my clients is proprietary. I do not have permission, in most cases, to even discuss what I was writing about in general terms, let alone show samples! In some (very few) cases, I have permission to show a short sample (a select few pages) at an interview but not to leave said sample behind (I can't let it out of my sight).

So my resume has reached 5 pages (the long version, anyway).

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer

http://www.wordsplus.net