RE: MS Word Bloat

Subject: RE: MS Word Bloat
From: "Jason A. Czekalski" <topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L digest <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:12:01 -0800

"Susan Kirsch" wrote:

<< I am writing a doc in Word that jumped from 200KB to 9MB. This doc
has one
graphic. What is the deal?
I know that I knew this once, but I can't recall it from the haze.

Incidentally, I copied and pasted all but the last paragraph mark, so it
is
back to bantam weight again. But I am under a huge deadline and would
like
to change whatever setting is causing this sudden weight gain. >>

Disable "Allow Fast Saves" under "Options". This "feature" is a horror
show. It causes more problems than you can imagine. If you really want
to see how much trouble this feature can cause, import the Word file
into one of the publishing programs (Publisher, Pagemaker, etc.) and
watch how much havoc it causes.

Jason