RE: Request for Resume samples and Writing samples

Subject: RE: Request for Resume samples and Writing samples
From: Anthony Viviano <AViviano -at- CreativeSolutions -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:20:40 -0500

I am new tech writer as well, and ran into a lot of same problems. To get a
good tech writing sample, I took advantage of an opportunity to document a
software product for my University. It counted as my internship. Which
reminds, did you do an internship? You can usually get some good samples
that way. If you didn't do one, you might be able to break in by doing an
internship this summer and then looking for a permanent position in the
Fall. It isn't an easy field to break in to but if you have good writing
skills, someone will notice it and give you a chance.