RE: Request for Resume samples and Writing samples

Subject: RE: Request for Resume samples and Writing samples
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: Cherish683 -at- aol -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 00 14:16:22 -0600

Cherish683 -at- aol -dot- com writes:
<snip>
I need someone that can advise me on what to put in a sample book. Since I
am still a rookie, I don't have any elaborate TW samples that other TW's
have. I am loosing a lot of job opportunities because I don't have a Killer
writing sample book.
Can anyone send me via MS Word attachment resume samples and writing
samples that do not contain any confidential information?
<snip>

First off, if you're a "new" techwriter, you shouldn't be expected to have a
"killer" portfolio. Are you a contractor? If so, build your portfolio, with
permission from your clients of course, as you go.

Second, your request for resume and writing samples is a bit odd. Being the
suspicious sort that I am, I would be afraid of sending my samples to a writer
I didn't know, for fear that they'd end up in that writer's portfolio.

regards,
jarnopol