Re: Networking (was: Silently screaming)

Subject: Re: Networking (was: Silently screaming)
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 15:21:01 -0800

B. Pfister wrote:

> Networking has sometimes indirectly led me to jobs, but mainly it's given me
> opportunities to meet people, and if that someday results in an amazing
> dream job, that's great. If not, I still know all those great people!

In Silicon Valley, networking pays off big time, particularly when there's a
shortage of qualified tech writers (as there is now). I can't count the number
of times I've fielded calls from headhunters asking if I knew anyone for this or
that spot. Further, by not burning bridges when you leave one place, you wind
up with instant references for anything new, and potential contacts at new
places when they move on.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems