Re: Word: Pagination Question

Subject: Re: Word: Pagination Question
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+techwrl -at- cmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:52:25 -0400

Elizabeth Sprague wrote:
> upon opening the document after saving and closing, will appear in a
> fifteen page document, for example, as Page 1 of 1, page 2 of 1

I have found that Word will update its fields before printing.
That is, the page count will be incorrect when you open the file,
but Word will correct it when you choose the Print command, and
the correct number will be on the printed pages.

If you would like Word to correct the numbers before you're
ready to print, double-click on the header, select the field,
and hit the F9 key on your keyboard to update the field.

This is not a permanent fix, the number will be incorrect again
the next time you open the file, but it's about as fixed as it
gets without leaving MS Word.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu