Re: Headhunters

Subject: Re: Headhunters
From: "Lindsay Burrell" <lburrell -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:50:20 -0800

Win wrote:

"Is contracting in Canada really that different from contracting in the US?

When I contract through an agency, they do not receive 25% of my pay. When
they advertise that a contract pays $40/hour, you can be damn sure that I
get $40/hour! Not $40 - 25%."

Ditto. I'm not allowed to tell the customer what my agency is paying me,
and the customer is not allowed to tell me what they pay my agency. But I'm
happy with the rate negotiated with my agency, and they provide awesome
service. They find me good gigs, hand-deliver cheques every Friday, so I
don't have to run down the customer trying to get paid, handle all the legal
agreements, etc. etc. I've been happy.