New Bugs in FrameMaker to Acrobat Conversion?

Subject: New Bugs in FrameMaker to Acrobat Conversion?
From: Maurice King <mking2 -at- mamsi -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:35:02 -0400

I am engineering a documentation effort that requires me to convert
FrameMaker documents that involve varying page layouts into PDF files. Some
pages are landscape, others are portrait, and in the past, the conversion
seemed to be rather simple. Now I'm discovering that there's nothing simple
about it at all.

I generate the PS files so that each chapter comes out a separate file.
However, in some of the files, the first page will be okay, but all the
other pages will be a mess. In one file, a portrait layout file, the first
page is normal, but the other pages appear cropped, as if they were
landscape pages with large margins set on the right. Another file, a
landscape file, the first page is normal, but all the other pages require
rotation.

The amount of manual manipulation is of concern to me; I cannot see how
I'll meet deadlines this way. If anyone has experience with this situation,
please post me off the list. I will post my conclusions at the end to the
list; I just want to spare the subscribers a torrent of information that
may be redundant.

- Maury