Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 14:46:06 -0500

I like this thread. :-)

I was part of a team that was interviewing those who had been called back for a
second interview. One candidate had briefly explained why he was looking for a
job in his first interview, so we knew he was unhappy at his current employer,
but he spent a huge chunk of his second interview complaining about that
employer. Advice: you may be working for Satan himself, but you can gain nothing
by complaining about your boss. Your potential employer is going to think you're
just one of those people who's never satisfied. Save the horror stories for
lunch with your new coworkers.

Tracy
(and if you *are* working for Satan tell him I said hi... we don't see him very
often since he left here)
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc