Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:09:25 -0500

Gil wrote:

> I love these anecdotes, but use common sense. We're tech-writers, we're
> supposed to be good at interpretting and repackaging ideas and concepts.
> I just can not understand why someone would try to be hired for a job that
> doesn't suit him or her.

I agree; the last thing I would want to do is help someone "trick" an
interviewer into hiring them for a job they're not qualified for. But I don't
think that's what we're trying to do. Sometimes you don't get the job that
suits you simply because you're not very good at interviewing (after all, most
of us have more experience working than being interviewed).

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc