Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <jsoukup -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:34:09 -0500

I've always been under the general impression that most people look for new
jobs because they don't like something about their current job. Have you
ever heard anyone say, "I want to quit this job because it's just too
wonderful"?

Every job has it's positives and negatives, but when the negatives begin to
outweigh the positives, people just have to grin and bear it or head to
Kinko's with a resume in-hand.

I think it's fair for a potential employer to ask for a reason why you left
(or want to leave) your old position, but leave it at that. Then, I think
they should focus on questions like, "Why do you want to work here?"

-Jonathan Soukup