RE: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: RE: Advice for Job Seekers
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:39:16 -0700 (PDT)

Many more years ago than I care to remember, I was a
mid-20 something searching for a profession.

A girlfriend, (Edie ...or Edith, but don't call her
that to her face) who worked at a microfilm service
bureau, says to me, "John, you need a job and you can
talk fairly well...my company needs a salesman to sell
their service."

Me: "But Edie, I don't know anything about microfilm."

Edie: "Ah, it's OK, neither do they."

I get an interview.

I'm talking with the Ken, the manager, and he says
"But John, you don't know anything about microfilm."

Me: "Yes, that's correct...but in six months, I'll
know more than you."

Ken: "OK. let's find out."

> If I ever develop the ability to finess an interview
> like
> that when I *don't* already have an offer in my
> pocket, I
> will have achieved aplomb, and the world will truly
> be mine.
> Until then, I really hope that the Alzheimer's
> leaves that
> particular memory intact until the very last. :-)

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com