Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- omnimark -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:12:16 -0700 (PDT)

Mark...nothing personal, but if I'm asked such a pat,
tired question, they get a fictitious situation and an
optimum answer based on the environment I'm
interviewing at. (is it a free-form internet startup
of an assignment at a big-6 accounting firm or
old-money bank).

Sorry, but my purpose is to get the job, not make the
interviewer feel competent in their interviewing
ability.

Besides, the answer may have been the best solution to
the situation, but since you don't know all the
factors, you cannot make a detirmination that it was
the best solution.

The biggest problem may have been that my boss was a
deviant and sexually accosted me in the men's room and
my best solution was to beak his arm. It was the best
solution at the time.

Why not describe a simple problem at your place and
ask me how I would address it. I cannot reherse it and
you have more information than I do, so not only do
you discover my approach to solving it, but my
approach to asking a couple of questions that will
allow me to describe my solution.

> The best way to handle this is to ask: "Tell me
> about a time that you had an
> disagreement with your manager. What was the
> disagreement about and how did
> you resolve it?"

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com