How Skilled Are You? - Grammar

Subject: How Skilled Are You? - Grammar
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 10:27:14 -0700

I'm sorry I spelled grammar incorrectly. But then I wasn't publishing
my e-mail as a document for public consumption by everyone who has
access to the web (I think there is a separate standard).

It seems that my little slip of the fingers has enraged several folks. I
know about the misspell. And I appreciate everyone's advice. But so far
I've received 6 different e-mails reporting this slip.

The intent of my e-mail was to point out that there seems to be somewhat
unrealistic expectations of technical writers. I have lots of skills
(including programming, design, and HTML), but every time I look at ads
for technical writers that *EXPECT* us to have programming skills and
know every tool in the book, and then want to pay an entry level wage I
cringe.

Maybe I should return to lurking mode instead of contribution mode.

- Dianne Blake
write-it -at- home -dot- com