Maybe We Need a New Job Title - More Info

Subject: Maybe We Need a New Job Title - More Info
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:06:57 -0700

Actually gang, I was looking more for a title that is more
"professional". The type recruiting companies look for because I think
it needs to better reflect all the hats that a technical writer can
wear. Also, technical writers in some people's minds cost less than
maybe some of the titles that Connie suggested below. It is all in the
perception. :D

Of course, we then have to convince them they really need the new and
improved version.

- Dianne Blake

Giordano, Connie" wrote:
The ones I've seen most often are:
> Information Architect
> Information Designer

The title I was opting for during a job negotiation: Manager of
Information Design and Delivery.

write-it -at- home -dot- com