RE: Orlando STC Conference Lodging

Subject: RE: Orlando STC Conference Lodging
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:34:37 -0400

Lisa Hunt wrote:
>Is anyone aware of cheap, but non rat-infested, lodging in Orlando for
>the STC annual conference? I can't afford $185 a night for a hotel room!

If you don't want to be on the complex, remember, that Disney World is
actually in the Kissimee/Lake Buena Vista area and you'll want to be close.
Downtown Orlando is about 1/2 hour away with traffic .. it gets even worse
during rush hour. Choose accommodations on Lake Buena Vista Boulevard,
US192, or International Drive. Prices vary among them all from very
expensive to very cheap.. the major hotel chains probably have websites or
800 numbers. Or check out the book: Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Expert
Advice from the Inside Source.

For Lodging in the Disney complex, where you can still get the buses, check
out:
All-Star Movies
All-Star Sports
All-Star Music
Each of these is approximately $90-100 per night.

On Hotel Plaza Boulevard, there are many hotels including:
Buena Vista Palace
Doubletree Guest Suites
Grosvenor
Travelodge
Courtyard by Marriott
Royal Plaza

Off-Property Accommodations in Lake Buena Vista include:
Grand Cypress
Summerfield Suites
Holiday Inn Sunspree
Howard Johnson Park Square Inn and Suites

Along US192:
Holiday Inn Main Gate East
Ramada Plaza Gateway
Courtyard by Marriott Maingate