QUERY: Word SEQ numbers in TOC

Subject: QUERY: Word SEQ numbers in TOC
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:05:41 -0700 (PDT)

I actually have 2 questions, both involving Word 97
tables of contents.

1) I have a long document (about 200 pages, 1 graphic
per page), with the chapters numbered sequentially
with the SEQ field. This is because, for various
reasons too complex to get into, the first chapter is
numbered 0 (and starts in the second section of the
document) I'm also using the SEQ field with the /c
switch in the headers and footers, so the pages are
numbered 0-1, 0-2, etc. Each chapter starts
renumbering at chapter 1, so I have 1-1, 2-1, etc.

What I want is the chapter number to show up in the
table of contents, so the page number would be
SEQ-PageNo. I know there's a way to do it, I just
can't remember how, and the help file is not much
help.

2) since this is a long document, I want the main
table of contents to just list the chapter names. No
problem. What I'd also like to do is have a toc at
the begining of each chapter that would list the
contents for that chapter only. Is there a way to do
a toc for a section only? So far,everything I've
tried gives me the entire book toc (or an error
message).

Thanks!

-Becca

=====