ToC field switches in MS Word

Subject: ToC field switches in MS Word
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:03:02 -0700 (PDT)

Renee L. LaPlume suggested that I use

{TOC \o "1-1" \s Chapter}

as the toc field code to get the table of contents to
include my chapter SEQ numbers.

This gave me an idea, and after some searching in the
Help file (now that I knew what to look for), I
discovered the following:

to get a ToC for a subset of a document, highlight the
subset, and insert a bookmark (let's call it Intro).
Then, you can put in the following code for your
chapter-level ToC:

{TOC \o "2-2" \b intro \s Unit}

where Unit is the name of my SEQ sequence.

It works a treat. I knew there were reasons why I
loved MS Word.

and no, don't tell me how much easier it would be to
do this in whatever-software. "when I'm not using the
software I love, I love the software I'm using..." <g>

-Becca

=====
http://invites.yahoo.com