RE: "parallelize"

Subject: RE: "parallelize"
From: kwhitehead -at- xn-tech -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:33:40 -0700

Be sure to tell your manager that you don't know how to do your job, so you
don't get a raise next year.

If you don't understand the technology, by all means, go home and write
great literature. Publishers will pay you an advance to live on while
you're at it. Get the hell out of the kitchen. Take your English lit degree
and go do the work you were, I suppose, meant to do.

In defense of the original poster, I have to say that, believe it or not,
some SMEs do write gobbledy-gook that can and should be cleared up. I
would question "parallelize," too, and I think questioning some things is
part of being a TW. There are many, many SMEs out there who haven't got
the first clue how to write anything worth a darn, and it is up to the TW
to be sure that any word or phrase used by the SME is something that the
audience will understand. I don't think that questioning the SME when it
comes to words like "parallelize" is beyond anyone's comprehension, nor
should it be cause for _any_ scolding, much less the belligerent, vehement,
and arrogant one that David Locke chose to give.

I also have to say that I am glad I don't work for you, Mr. Locke, because
I would quit long before you'd have a chance to fire me for doing my job.