Re: Job Selection Dilemma-Decision Made

Subject: Re: Job Selection Dilemma-Decision Made
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- uswest -dot- net>
To: "SusanP" <susanp -at- astound -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:27:41 -0600

> My next question, what do you tell Company A when you've already accepted
> their offer, and they're really nice people.

I did this a couple of months ago--got a second, could-not-turn-it-down
offer after I'd already accepted the first. I felt bad because the first
company was going to be a great job and seemed like really nice people.

The recruiter HUNG UP ON ME after I told her.

I tried to think charitable thoughts.

All you can do is be honest and let them know that you're making the
decision that's best for you. If they're honest, too, they'll understand. If
not, then that's their bad karma.

Lisa Wright

> Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
> Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based
Help.
> More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
> Sponsored by IEEE Professional Communication Society. Meet PCS
> members and officers in Booth 304 during exhibit hours at the STC
> Conference, May 21-23. Learn more about us at http://www.ieeepcs.org.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: liwright -at- uswest -dot- net
leave-techwr-l-31081M -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com