Re: Screen Capture Software (was PaintShop Pro vs. Photoshop?)

Subject: Re: Screen Capture Software (was PaintShop Pro vs. Photoshop?)
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: Nancy C Kendall <Nancy -dot- C -dot- Kendall -at- aexp -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:27:02 -0600

Nancy C Kendall wrote:
> A good screen capture and manipulation software is CaptureEze Pro
> (www.screencapture.com). At $39.95US it's something to consider.
>
> Although you can import/export a variety of formats, I don't believe it will
> do transparent backgrounds. Of course, I haven't had the need so haven't
> tried.

Of course, the "enlightened-self-interest" approach to picking a
screen capture program is to choose either SnagIt (www.techsmith.com)
or Hypersnap-DX (www.hyperionics.com). Why's that in your enlightened
self-interest? Because they're both really good products and
because they're advertisers on TECHWR-L and, as such, help make
this forum available to you.

I'd check them out first.

Note: We've used Hypersnap for years--for all the screenshots in most of our
books--and started using Snagit when it appeared packaged with RoboHelp.
We'd be recommending them even if they didn't advertise here.

Eric