RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- bzeller -at- uswest -dot- com wrote:
> I'm not quite sure how to interpret responses from
> this question as it is worded. What is the poll
> supposed to tell us? For example, I am forced to
> use Word to create all documentation. It was a
> corporate decision. This would not be my decision. I
> suspect the case is the same for many respondents.
> In this sense, we are not seeing what
> the best choice for this type of document creation
> would be but only what people are using. And is
> this the reason for the poll question - for product
> marketing?
> Barb Zeller

Barb, I'm gonna guess that the Rays are not doing any
product marketing survey. I, too, use MS Word, though
I would not if it was not mandated by my organization.
I think it will be interesting to see what people are
using, especially as contrasted with what we might
choose to use if we had the choice.

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer