PDF Linking Software

Subject: PDF Linking Software
From: Roger Bell <RBell -at- OptioSoftware -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:42:54 -0400

What software is in the marketplace that automates the linking process
smoothly in .pdf files? I develop my documents in Word, including the
Contents and Index. Print to .ps and then create a .pdf.

I need a post-production tool that will create jumps from the Contents and
Index entries to the pages. I already know about Compose, but it limits me
to the page numbers only. I want to use the text in the Contents and Index
as links also. I do *not* want to *recreate* the Contents and Index in
other software and insert them into my .pdf. What I have seen of that
before, the fonts don't match or other limitations exist.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Roger Bell
Technical Writer
Optio Software, Inc.
http://www.optiosoftware.com/
E-mail: mailto:rbell -at- optiosoftware -dot- com
Telephone: +1.770.576.3718