Re: Slow Down Development, NO; Speed up Minds, YES

Subject: Re: Slow Down Development, NO; Speed up Minds, YES
From: "Dave Whelan" <dave -dot- whelan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Chris Hamilton" <cah_91 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:51:36 -0500

Chris,

I think we are talking about the same thing: you want innovative software
now and you would like it to work well. I was suggesting that when the
software industry grows up and we have a better balance between making money
and making a decent product, you will get what you want. What I don't accept
is the absurd notion that doing everything at the last minute in a frenzy of
activity is a defensible development strategy. Now and again it has to be
done, we all understand that, but IMO, it should never be allowed to replace
classical engineering development methods. Anyone who has been responsible
for developing new products knows the power of the
slap-it-together-and-get-it-out brigade. They don't need us on their side.

Regards,
Dave.

-----
David P. Whelan