Re: lone writer and Source Safe

Subject: Re: lone writer and Source Safe
From: "@í" <sdeichmann -at- voicemobility -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:09:51 -0700

To join the majority...I am also a lone writer who uses SourceSafe with no
problems. I like it for the reasons already listed in this thread, but I
also like it because it's easier to distribute my documentation to fellow
employees. For example, if my manager, a developer, or a tech services rep
asks me for the latest version of document A, I can just instruct them to
get it from SourceSafe. Since everyone in our company uses SourceSafe, I
find this easier then either mailing them the doc, or telling them where on
Server X it is. Many of them have stopped asking me, because they know where
to find the docs, which makes for even less work for me.