Re: Know the New Economy

Subject: Re: Know the New Economy
From: "Mike Starr" <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L digest" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 10:01:26 -0500

I'm often amused that the same folks who have no qualms about the long,
steep learning curve for FrameMaker aren't willing to invest a similar
amount of time learning Microsoft Word because they have a prejudice
against it. They expect that because it doesn't work exactly the same way
as Frame that it doesn't have the capabilities.

I learned how to use Microsoft Word to produce high-quality, large
documents instead of carping about how I'd much rather use something else.
I've also learned how to use FrameMaker, PageMaker, Ventura and Quark. They
all have pretty much the same sorts of capabilities; it's just a matter of
learning how to drive them. Having used them all, right now, I'd still
choose Word as my tool of choice.

Mike

Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Telephone (262) 694-0932 - Pager (414) 318-9509 - writstar -at- wi -dot- net