Freelancers: Copyright your work

Subject: Freelancers: Copyright your work
From: Michael Andrew Uhl <uhl -dot- mike -at- epamail -dot- epa -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L, (Tech Writers)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:38:44 -0400

I read this article and I find the court's logic lacking and its
reasoning quite tortuous. How is that the magazine is copyrighted but
not its contents? And, even given the court's refusal to give protection
to the author, doesn't the magazine publisher deserve a remedy?

I hope I'm missing something really simple here.

-Mike
--
Michael Andrew Uhl (mailto:uhl -dot- mike -at- epa -dot- gov)
Lockheed Martin - U.S. EPA Scientific Visualization Center