Is "Errata" too antiquated?

Subject: Is "Errata" too antiquated?
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:52:29 -0700

Good afternoon,

We're planning on releasing a couple of products shortly, and, as usual,
"jack-in-the-box" development has made certain sections of the manual
out-of-date. So, we're going to include a photocopied "errata" sheet in the
box with the manual. My question is as follows:

For the title of this sheet, is "Errata" still a commonly used and
understood term? I'm inclined to instead go with something like "Changes and
Omissions", but my colleague asserts that Errata is the le mot juste for
this sheet.

Microsoft Bookshelf indicates that Errata is, in fact, the correct term
(despite its odd, Latin-soundingness):

er·ra·tum
plural er·ra·ta
An error in printing or writing, especially such an error noted in a list of
corrections and bound into a book.

At the end of the day, then, assuming a general cross-section of
technically-competent but not typically literary (construction
professionals) users, what would you recommend? Thanks. DB.