Re: initiating successful technical communications

Subject: Re: initiating successful technical communications
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 15:23:25 -0700

"Lindsay Burrell" <lburrell -at- telus -dot- net> wrote;

>One place to look is JoAnn Hackos' Managing Your Documentation Projects.

Whie "Managing Your Documentation Projects" is well-worth
reading, I find that it sometimes errs on the side of idealism at
the expense of practicality. I always suggest that people read it
in conjunction with a book called "Managing Documentation
Projects in the Real World."

If I could, I'd give you the name of the writer. Unfortunately, I
always say that new writers should beg, borrow or steal the book.
Unfortunately, in my case, someone took me at my word.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
"The Open Road" column, Maximum Linux

"One of the universal rules of happiness is: always be wary of
any helpful item
that weighs less than its operating manual."
-Terry Pratchett, "Jingo"