Field-Level Help in Java Web Application...

Subject: Field-Level Help in Java Web Application...
From: "DIMEO LOWMAN, LINDA (SBCSI)" <lm3142 -at- momail -dot- sbc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:42:53 -0500

We are rewriting an application from a Powerbuilder Windows-based app to a
browser-based Java app. Current users access field-level help by pressing
Shift+F1 while their cursor is in the field. I've not been able to find any
technology or Web applications that have this kind of help available.

Does anyone know if it can be done? If so, can you direct me to an
information source, white paper, tool, etc.?

I currently plan to use RoboHELP to build Webhelp for the app but I'm open
to ANY ideas or methods. TIA

Linda DiMeo Lowman
SBC, Inc.
Senior Analyst/Technical Writer--LEX
314-331-1592
mailto:lm3142 -at- momail -dot- sbc -dot- com